Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Outdoor

Wasn't sure I'd be able to make the planned
practice up at our coaches last night.
Still dealing with the virus I'd picked up,
and feeling like I'd be caught out without a
place to "go", I was going back and forth
about it till the very last minute.
What the heck, I thought, it's the beginning
of the season, and time to start putting miles
under my wheels.
Just do it!
While actually skating,I was fine, but even
this morning my body is still getting a beating
by this thing.
Anyway, it took a few laps to get used to the
rougher road surface and "chicken girl" made
a brief appearance.
It seems Emrick Road, where we normally train,
has spoiled me.
An hour passed in the blink of an eye and only
once did I briefly consider dropping out of the
pace line.
Mostly because my back was hurting.
Playing around with my position,I found the one
that suited me better and carried on.
In no time at all, I'll be back in the outdoor
groove :)

No comments: