Thursday, April 17, 2008

Cha..Cha..Changes

Trying to implement several at practice last
night threw me a curve ball.
One I didn't catch.
A straight arm swing, the one I'd practiced
at home over the past few days, the one that
works for me outside, seems to totally disturb
my sync inside.
And I need all the sync I can manage in that
venue.
Only when I returned to my bent elbow, karate
chop affair, which looks completely retarded,
and set my mind to getting back into my "unique"
skating groove did things go better.
You'd have thought I'd had 3 weeks off instead
of a mere 3 days..
Oh well, sometimes practice is like that.
Another thing I tried right off was leading
into each entry with my left foot,which is what
I should be doing.
Seems I've had it wrong all this time because I
naturally lead in with my right foot.
That proved awkward, but I think with enough
practice, in the off season, I can make that
one mine.
Till then, I returned to being a righty.

The saving grace were starts.
I'm making progress there.
Keeping my face down, with my chin and eyes
towards the floor instead up and looking down
the straightaway, more like a regular sprinter
start, works much better.
So does not being so concerned about running
into the skaters next to me..

No comments: