Now that the IT guys at work have blocked just about
everything of any interest,including Blogger, I don't
seem to be posting much..
Of course I shouldn't really be blogging at work should
I?
We had a small group at practice last night.
Some crud is going around and a lot of people are getting
hit with it.
Hopefully I have paid my dues with what I had a week or so
ago.
Taking my race wheels off, which we all were using on our
newly coated floor, and switching back to softer practice
wheels is working.
And giving me a good workout.
There's less free roll, but in trade I get more grip, and I
can dig into floor and push off it with a feeling of security.
Got messed up during relays and going out for tags but I guess
that's how you learn.
My guy was on the floor sitting in second and I was in the box
looking to come out for our tag.
Well, so was the team mate of the person in first, who happens
to be a stronger skater than I am even on his worst day.
Which means he can leave the box later than I can and get where
he needs to be with less effort.
I needed to leave earlier than he did, (and to be almost in the
same place for the tag), and needed to build up the speed. But
there he was, right in front of me, taking his time and blocking
my way.
Which turned our badly for me and my relay partner.
Because I didn't know what to do about it..
That's why it's called practice.
Wednesday, January 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment