Honest.
It was unintentional.
Like going into the grocery store for one particular
item and walking out with something else.
With a newly purchased motorcycle sitting out in my
garage, I was looking for someone, or someones, to ride
with.
Cyber sites for meeting people, seemed like a good way
to get that ball rolling.
It's very 21st century.
So after spending hours sifting through what felt like
thousands of profiles and pictures, on three different
sites, answering countless "I want to get to know you"
emails, making a handful of phone calls and having two
actual face to face meetings, I find myself interested
in one person enough, and he in me, to start seeing each
other on a regular basis.
Born exactly two weeks and five years apart, we seem
to share a basic nature.
Of course it's too early to tell where this will go or
for how long, but it's very pleasant to be comfortable
together.
And he isn't my type.
Or what I thought my type was.
Now when your over forty, the life you bring to the table
is a full one.
And often messy.
Unlike teenagers who are practically clean slates when
they begin dating, adults have years of life experience
that can turn into complex stories, and connections.
Kids and ex-wives fit in here.
So if we move beyond a few dates, cross the line and start
truly relating, it won't be a single man, but a whole clan,
that I'll be getting involved with.
I'll cross that bridge when I get to it..
Monday, December 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
So have u gone out riding? That sounds like a fun first dae!
Post a Comment