After a period of stillness, so long standing that I used
it as a backdrop to paint the picture of my days, when desire
wasn't a word I used anymore, even to think with, when my life
had a structure that was solid and safe, along comes a southerly
breeze..
There had been portents.
Times when I thought I smelled rain in the air.
That afternoon a single cloud in the north set off alarms.
And my heart jumped in my chest.
Trying to catch those first precious drops on my tongue, I
felt as giddy as a schoolgirl.
Like drinking the small amount of wine parceled out at Holy
Communion as a child, and having it go to my head in a single
heart beat.
That cloud passed me by.
Keeping it's fullness for some other field, in some other
valley.
Ah well.
Nature has it's way with us.
I had celebrated too soon.
My mistake.
This new weather system, building up in the south, I'm keeping
my eye on.
To early to tell what impact it might have on my fallow fields,
but my body says there is rain in the air..
Saturday, December 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment