Sunday, September 7, 2008

It's Back

Indoor skating practice!
Well, once aweek.
Saturday mornings with the Whitehall team is the only practice
I can get to time wise, but I am delighted to be getting back
to work :)
The Bethlehem portion of the SOS Team, whom I normally train
with, is still working and racing solely outdoors, with several
big races to attend in the coming weeks.
They'll go back in the rink next month.

After Nationals this July, I pretty much gave up skating
in favor of taking a break.
It was the right thing to do.
Oh, I put in 6 miles here, and 9 miles there, but my heart
wasn't engaged.
Taking a brief pause from serious training helps keep things
from turning into a grind.
At least it does for me.
And somehow, I dropped a jean size in that time frame...
:)
How?
Without my son living at home, I'm no longer buying Oreos,
or half gallon containers of mint chocolate chip ice cream..
lol!

No comments: