Monday, September 15, 2008

Fill Er' Up

Gasing the Ninja up yesterday morning it came as
a surprise that the price of fuel had gone up so
much over night.
And what makes the gas a station already has in
their storage tanks so much more expensive over
night?
I can see if they have to buy it at a higher price
to sell to us, but I think we are taken advantage
of on a regular basis by the oil companies while
they rake in HUGE profits every year.
Glad it wasn't the car I had the nozzle in, or I'd
have had an even bigger shock.
The bike gets over twice the MPG as the Escort and
I count myself quite lucky that both are gas sippers
compared to most wheeled vehicles.

Stayed busy all weekend.
Took practice up at Whitehall Saturday morning and
made some improvements I was very happy with.
A few hours later I attended the Team picnic and that
was fun.
Sunday I met a new riding buddy/friend off an internet
dating site and this one looks to be a keeper.
We headed up to Jim Thorpe, walked around, had lunch,
then rode south to Lake Nockamixion where we took our
boots off and cooled our feet off lake side.
Usually I keep first meetings to a few hours but this
one went easily over 6...

No comments: