Some are easier than others.
They come and go, marked by candles and celebration,
or tears and grief.
But you step into them, ready or not.
My son and I are both ready now. And excited at the
big changes coming into his life.
I am very proud of his decision to join the Air Force,
and that he stayed the course over this past year in
the Delayed Entry Program.
One of our dogs became sick really yesterday while I
was at work.
Racing home after I received the call, he passed
before I got there.
My son on his own accord, gathered shovel, pick and
post hole digger and went out in our backyard to dig
Mr. Tubbs a grave.
And it was a nice one, with squared edges and sides.
Sweating in the afternoon heat, long legs knee deep
in the ground, dirt coloring his ankles, I saw clearly
the man inside the boy.
Our relationship changes even now.
Life is good.
With it's comings and goings.
And I ride the swells life brings to me..
Thursday, July 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment